I suggest you ...

also exclude children of excluded pages.

There may be a whole part of my site I don't want to include. It would be so much better if I could just exclude the one parent page and trust that all the children pages will also be excluded from the sitemap without having to add the new page id each time I add a page.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael Fellmeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is needed. To be able to exclude all pages and posts by entering a part of a permalink would very useful, e.g., exclude everything with "hidden" in the permalink by entering

/hidden/*

• Trevor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would think this is pretty much an essential feature these days with WP very much being a CMS, I could see a lot of cases for child pages to be excluded, including as mentioned for site with private client areas, etc.

• danieliser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have written a script that gets all children of a list of posts. If i could get a little feedback from the author i could probably get this feature as well as a checkbox on the page editor working. if the author sees this email me @ danieliser @ wizardinternetsolutions.com

• danieliser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. my suggestion which i will be posting in a sec if i dont find it is to include a couple checkboxes on the page, post, category editors etc for "exclude this page" and "exclude this pages children".
        having to get the post id numbers is a pain especially when using named permalinks. and you constantly have to add children. i use one category as a client area with posts for clients only and having to add each individually takes a lot of time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base