I suggest you ...

Manually enter priority of static pages

Not all static pages have the same priority, and the only real way I see to accomplish this would to be able to assign priority values manually. Right now I edit the generated xml sitemap to achieve this, but that obviously gets overwritten quite often. Being able to assign priority to individual static pages would be great.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have same need, except that because my (multiple sites) static page structures are so large and complex, and are database driven with content changing almost daily, and the page caching plugins I use use also use sitemap priorities to prioritize what they cache first, I would like to be able to specify default static page priorities more globally by node/folder level, and override that default priority only if a specific page warrants and needs to be different.
        i.e.:
        pages at root (node level 0) would be default to priority 89,
        pages at node level 1 (one folder deep) would default to priority 87,
        pages at node level 2 (two folders deep) would default to priority 85,
        ... etc.
        That way, top / main pages that most users tend to land on first are prioritized (indexed and cached) first, and pages below those levels get indexed and cached after the top levels.

• TroyTroy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have three main landing pages. My ranking of these 3 pages are more important than even the home page. I would pay money your plugin to assign individual priorities.

• jnvjnv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this feature would be great. The priority could be set through post metadata.

Feedback and Knowledge Base